Sunday, October 28, 2012

Big Storm Coming?

Supposedly, Hurricane Sandy is going to slam us here in Northern Virginia.

Not that we often believe the weatherman. He's wrong most of the time.

Today is my birthday! 

Getting old is a bitch, but getting old is better than not being around to celebrate Birthday #63!

Mrs. AOW and I did celebrate my birthday in advance on Friday evening when we attended a homeschool party for Mrs. AOW's students.  The homeschool group always has lots of food at their parties.

This damn storm had better not interfere with the birthday celebration that Mrs. AOW had planned for me later this week.  We were planning to go out to breakfast at IHOP this week during the day, when the restaurant is less crowded.  We won't be going to IHOP if there are heavy rains and dangerous winds.  The last thing we need is a car accident!

I'm not sure what Mrs. AOW has planned for my birthday dinner today.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday and many happy & Healthy returns MR AOW.
Well our weatherguy is usually wrong or has a tendency to 'exagerate' but still im worried it seems to head right for us.
But hey a 'candle light' dinner is more 'romantic' anyways.
Have a great time you two!

Brooke said...

I hope your plans go smoothly and you have a great birthday!

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

Happy Birthday Mr. You're just a young pup.

Adrienne said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. AOW! Take care of the storm and stay safe so you can get to IHOP...

Mustang said...

Happy birthday, youngster! Enjoy the day, and don't sweat the storm.

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Happy birthday Mr. AoW. If you need help blowing out the candles... just open a window!

Mr. AOW said...

Thanks, all!

Mrs. AOW gave me some of her righteous chili tonight. She fixed it weeks ago, and the chili picked up more zing in the freezer. Anyway, it was a perfect birthday dinner as far as I'm concerned.

The rain has started here. Nothing much. So far.

Ducky's here said...

Cheers, Mr. AOW.

Hope the storm doesn't put too much of a damper on the festivities.

Always On Watch said...

Duck,
You and I certainly have our differences. Lord knows that we've argued our typing fingers off!

But I want you to know something, and I say this in all sincerity.... Sometimes you show a side of yourself that gladdens my heart. I thank you for those moments of kindness from you.

This year, barely anyone acknowledged Mr. AOW's birthday. No festivities here, but Mr. AOW didn't utter a word of complaint.

Yesterday was a very lonely day here -- and not because of the weather, either. Three years of chronic invalidism -- people turn away.

Tough ol' broad that I am, I cried last night -- not for myself, but for my husband. He used to have such an active social life! No more!

The situation in this household is hard, Duck. Really hard.

Both Mr. AOW and I are already consigned to the loneliness of advanced old age, and we are not old.

Ah, well. It is what it is.

Always On Watch said...

Duck,
PS: Your photo "Mist" has posted at my web site.