I got number 1 and number 3 correct. I was half-right on number 5.
1. What young Union officer fought at the Battle of Gettysburg in a black velvet uniform trimmed with gold lace?
2. What creature uses its eyes to help it swallow food?
3. What popular U.S. TV sitcom was remade in Great Britain as The Brighton Belles?
4. In the late 18th century, what was the meaning of “lunatic fringe”?
5. What heavyweight boxing champion and Oscar-winning actor are buried in adjacent graves in Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, Virginia?
1. George Armstrong Custer, the flamboyant officer best known for his infamous last stand at the Battle of Little Bighorn in 1876.
2. The frog, which can’t chew its food or use its tongue to get food down its throat. Instead, the frog’s eyes sink down to the roof of mouth to help push the meal into its stomach.
3. The Golden Girls, which ran in the U.S. from 1985 to 1992. The British version debuted in 1993 and ended after 11 episodes.
4. Hair that came down over the forehead, better known today as bangs.
5. Boxing great Joe Louis, who served in the Army, and tough-guy actor Lee Marvin, who served in the Marine Corps, both during World War II.