Sunday, March 29, 2015

Goodbye, Mom

Mom (1920-2015) and Dad (1918-1979)
Mom died yesterday at the age of 95. Alzheimer's Disease, which stole her from us many, many years ago.

Mom had been in a care facility for over 5 years - about the same time that I got out of the nursing home, which I needed for weeks after my stroke.

I'm unable to make the trip for the funeral.

I hope to get a family member to put flowers on her grave. Mom loved flowers so much, and there should be flowers on her grave.

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Special prayers for your dear mother, Mr. AOW.

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

Mr. I'm so sorry Buddy. My thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

Dear friend, my sincerest condolences on your loss. She will always live in your memory. Think about the good times, that's how I got through. Email me if you need to talk to someone. Be strong!

Z said...

Sorry to get here this late....
What a beautiful post...and what beautiful parents you had.
God bless, Mr AOW. xxx

Ducky's here said...

My sympathies, Mr. AOW.

I hpe the summer weather gets you out to visit her grave.