All of this in 2011! The government just LOVES to piss away the taxpayers' money!
10. $764,825 for a study on how college students use cell phones and social media [College students abuse cell phones and social media and then flunk out from lack of studying]
9. $136,555 for teachers to retrace Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales in England
8. $55,660 on butter packaging
7. $606,000 for a study about online dating [People need to figure out their own strategies for their own screwing parties]
6. $484,000 for a pizza restaurant
5. $48,700 towards the Second Annual Hawaii Chocolate Festival
4. $147,138 to build a magic museum
3. $96,000 on iPads for kindergarteners [It took years for Mrs. AOW, a taxpayer, years to save up for my iPad. I sure as hell was older than a kindergartener when I got MY iPad]
2. $175,587 for a study on the link between cocaine and the mating habits of quail [Where are these coke-snorting quails?]
1. $130,987 for dragon robots [What are these things?]
Details about each of the above points HERE.